Monday, March 10, 2014

Sacramento Comic-Con

I went to my first ever Comic-Con on Saturday, and was honestly, a little disappointed (this is just me though, Jonathan and the boys loved it).  The Convention center was so packed I got claustrophobic, and most of the booths were selling print media, not interactive things.  I liked Origins, the Columbus gamer's Con, much better.  There they had more costumes for live-action role-playing, and tons more tchotckes.  I guess that makes sense; this Con was based on comics, and I'm not as big a fan of Marvel or DC as I am of other genres.  I will say that people's costumes were fabulous, and everyone had a good time.  See pictures below.

Admiring a Spiderman poster.





Tommy the Power Ranger.





Jonathan was more excited than the boys about this one!  The guy said it took him over a year to make, and I understand why; his backpack was amazing and everything lit up.





Holding Thor's mighty hammer.





Wolverine's claws.  Xander couldn't take his eyes off of them. 





Fierce Daddy inspires much laughter.





Mr. Magneto, Jr.





A real-life Wolverine.  Our boys were impressed and intimidated at the same time.  (And yes, those who have seen the movies - this is the comic book Wolverine.)





Wary of the Storm Troopers at first.





Then they spoke to him and said something funny, and he got over it.





This costume is of the main character in the video game Half-Life; it's funny because they haven't yet released the next sequel.





Ooo scary dragon!  Ari was at first terrified, so we made a point of helping him overcome his fear.  He later said it was one of his favorite things about the day.  





Very intently picking which button they wanted.  Xander bought his with his allowance money.





Modeling my new Harry Potter Deathly Hallows earrings.






Halfway through we met up with Jana's family.  Ari is in love with their 4 year old, Shoshi, and followed her around like a little puppy.  It was adorable.






Only at Comic Con would Batman and Darth Vader sit side by side.





Storm Trooper reunion.





Dumbledore and McGonagall.  I was going to wear my awesome Gryffindor outfit, complete with cloak that Holly made me, but realized I couldn't do it because I'd have the baby on me all day.  We felt so badly for these people because they came all dressed up ready to go inside to the Con early that morning, and then tickets were sold out.





We let him roll around while we ate lunch.





From L to R: Katniss Everdeen, Harlequin (DC villain), Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games, Wolverine, and Beast.





Carl and Rick from The Walking Dead.





The boys at the end of the day.  All three were passed out by the time we got on the freeway, a whole six minutes after we left the parking garage.

3 comments:

  1. What fantastic pictures! It looks like everyone had a GREAT time. Your family has such fun experiences and your boys have no idea how lucky they are to have parents like you two.
    Love,
    Mom/Bubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often I just keep these pictures open on my computer so I can turn to the one of all 3 boys sleeping or you wearing your earrings. Just looking at them make me feel happy!
    I love you all dearly.
    Mom/Bubby

    ReplyDelete