Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ascertaining our family roles, per my 3-year old

I'm reading Green Eggs and Ham to Ari, and almost automatically, I take on a different voice for Sam-I-am and the naysayer, who in our family is named Mr. Pickydoo.

Apparently my voice gets a little high-pitched during one of Mr. Pickydoo's monologues, because all of a sudden Ari stops me.


A: "No Mommy, no talk like that!"

Me: "What do you mean, honey?"

A: (stops to think) "No talk like baby.  You not baby.  You is Mommy!"



Huh.  That makes sense.  I love seeing how his mind works.

Just call me Mommy-I-am.

1 comment:

  1. I just don't know what to say, says the Mother of many voices, but I can't help but smile and nod my head. Bless Ari's heart....he knows who his Mommy is, and he expects her to show up at MOMMY! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete