Tuesday, May 13, 2014

We're off to see the Wizard...

Xander's end-of-year school play is The Wizard of Oz.  And since we're all still sick at home, we decided to watch the original.

The older boys were entranced.  The baby loved the music.  Jonathan and I talked about how amazing the special effects must have been at the time.  (And personally, I was surprised by how non-scary the flying monkeys were, I remembered them as a child quite differently!).

After the movie Xander mentioned very off-handedly that he no longer had the role of the Cowardly Lion in his school play.

"What do you mean?" I asked, dismayed.  Immediately my mom feathers ruffled up, how dare they take away a leading role from my boy!

"I didn't want it, Mommy," he explained.  "I wanted more parts.  So now I'm a munchkin AND a villager AND someone in the Emerald City!"

I blinked rapidly, not sure how to respond.

"Okay, sweetie..."

2 comments:

  1. Oy. Gonna have to have a long talk with that boy on his twisted way to stardom.

    ReplyDelete