Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chai latte glory

A long long time ago in March, my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday.

I finally decided in May.

I had gotten lots of Starbucks gift cards when the baby was born, and I had been getting a $4 chai latte almost every day.  Then, shock-horror-atrocity... my gift cards ran out.  I hadn't wanted more, because it seemed like such a waste when I knew I could buy a box of chai concentrate at Target (that I could mix with milk) for so much cheaper.

But - and I do realize this deserves a #firstworldproblems hashtag - I tend to either scorch the milk in the saucepan, put it in too long in the microwave and have it boil over, or not put it in long enough and have it be cold.  Plus, it's never mixed particularly well and is never silky-smooth.

So as a gift I did my research and chose a milk frother.  A super-fancy one.

It. Is. Sheer.  Utter.  Brilliance.


New ritual: mug, frother, concentrate.  Milk not pictured.


In the morning I pour in chai concentrate, the same type they sell at Starbucks.  I pour in milk.  I turn the dial to my requested temperature.  I press the Start button.  Voila!  It whirs, mixes, and beeps at me when it's done.  Easy as pie, with almost no effort on my part.


Finished product. Isn't it pretty?!


It takes less than two minutes in the morning, tastes just like the Starbucks one, and - you won't even believe this, folks - if for some reason I'm too rushed to rinse out the parts, it's all dishwasher safe!!!  I should be a sales rep for this product, I love it.

The machine also makes to-die-for hot chocolate: pour in milk, add the powder, and it blends it together seamlessly.  The kids actually thought I had put on whipped cream!

I've had chai every morning the last two weeks, and I even bring it to work in my thermos.  It's the little things in life that make me happy... and it doesn't get any better than this.

1 comment:

  1. Where oh where is the "Like" button? I love you, honey.

    ReplyDelete