Monday, May 26, 2014

The good, the bad, and the ugly of Memorial Day weekend

The good:
- Mom is here, hooray!!
- She and I did a puzzle, hooray!  I'd forgotten how much I liked them.
- Connor is 6 months old, in 12 months clothing.  And I'm wearing some of my pre-pregnancy clothes, hooray!


The bad:
- My grandmother isn't doing so well, and is in the hospital with a broken pelvis.  It's clear that she'll have to go to a home when she gets out, so my mom and I are figuring out what to do with her apartment and things.  From half a world away.


The ugly:
- Remember six months ago, when Ari fell and had to go to the dentist for an emergency visit?  Well, the X-rays showed it had cracked in half and needed to come out.  So today we extracted it.  Now, of course I'm not calling my child ugly, but the process of removing his front tooth was.  He was so brave though, we were so proud of him.  After some ice cream and then a nap, he was back to almost normal.  (I was the one who needed a drink.)  Bedtime was a cinch, as soon as we mentioned that he had to go to sleep before the Tooth Fairy would come.

No comments:

Post a Comment