Sunday, May 4, 2014

Things

Thing the first: Last Friday I had the opportunity to attend a fabulous training on diversity issues.  I learned a ton!  Did you know that being transgender is on a spectrum, just like sexual orientation?  Or that "gay-dar" is when we notice the intersection between non-conformative gender expression and gender appearance?  The next day I filled out a survey from Whittier College, and I love that the bubbles to fill in under "What is your gender?" were "Male," "Female," and "Fill in," with a comment section.

Thing the second: I taught a Talmud class, my very first one, to an Adult Ed group!  It went really well.

Thing the third: If you have some time to kill, click here to watch the entire Frozen soundtrack in Hebrew.  They did a good job of making the lyrics still rhyme, and picked great voice actors.

Thing the fourth: Don't read the book Exodus by Deborah Feldman.  Or if you do, tell me what you like about it.  Because I had to force myself to keep reading.  I thought her first book was 150 times better.

Thing the fifth: Jonathan is feeling SO much better everyone, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

Thing the sixth: I finally watched American Jerusalem, the documentary on San Francisco Jews that I contributed to while working in the Archives.  And in the credits, I'm listed as a production assistant!!  How cool is that. :)

And now off to sort some pictures...

1 comment: