Thursday, March 12, 2015

When you don't want to win the argument

Jonathan and I were both tired this weekend and set the older boys to watching a movie.  We were flopped on the bed good-naturedly debating who would be with the baby while the other napped; both of us wanted to sleep for the first shift.

In the meantime, Connor crawled on top of us and started making happy sounds, clapping his hands and bouncing up and down.  I intended to sing “There was a farmer who had a dog, and BINGO was name-O,” to go with his clapping.

But for the life of me, I couldn’t do it!  I kept singing the tune to Old McDonald instead.  So I tried to sing Old McDonald, but then instead of EIEIO I mixed it up and sang BINGO... and then it just went south.  It ended up as the most hilarious, awful mash-up of children’s songs ever.

Suffice it say, after we both stopped laughing, Jonathan told me to nap first.

1 comment:

  1. I keep reading this over and over again and just crack up every single time!!!! Thank goodness you trade off naps. xoxo for both of you!

    ReplyDelete