Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ah, Ari

I dropped Ari off at school yesterday.  Since it was my day off, I decided to hang out a bit while he was on the playground.  I set Connor down and let him play, too.

A little girl came over to hug Connor, but almost knocked him over.

Ari was there in a millisecond.

"That's our baby," he said.  I was just about to thank him for his protectiveness, when he continued...

"He came out of Mommy's vagina.  So don't touch him."

I stood there, jaw open, and sneaked a look at the playground teacher, whose eyebrows had shot up to her forehead.  What was I supposed to say??

Thankfully, I'd had my chai that morning, so without missing a beat I was able to add wryly, "Well, he HAS been washed since!"

We both cracked up.  "Ah, Ari," she exclaimed, shaking her head.

And that, as they say, was that!


3 comments:

  1. well..........his brothers need not worry. they are definitely safe while Ari's around. He is loyal as the day is long AND protective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari has strong principles. He will leap to defend when he believes there is cause.... and he's so straightforward, he tells it exactly like it is. In time, will he learn to temper his muscle, and nuance his utterings?

    ReplyDelete