Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Connor the unstoppable, by Jonathan

Have I mentioned Connor is a very determined child?  Have I mentioned that he's also coordinated and very clever???  This isn't boasting, this is a plea for help.

I CAN'T STOP HIM!

He literally gets into everything.  EVERYTHING!

He can open (and close) all doors.  He can plug things in and of course UNplug them.  This has been really fun for my alarm clock.  He can climb onto anything, and take anything not requiring tools apart.  One time I turned around when I heard him complaining.  He was hanging from our exercise bike handles, feet dangling.  At his feet was a remote control, the object of his desire.  He had suddenly lost confidence on just dropping to the ground after somehow (I still don't know how) climbing up the bike to reach the remote control that I had purposefully placed there so he wouldn't get it.   Honestly, I'm running out of places to hide things.

While at Costco, I saw my gigantic cart filled with over 300 pounds of cat food, litter, and people food moving on its own only to discover Connor was pushing it all by himself.  300 pounds by himself!  Apparently I was moving too slowly and he had to take things into his own tiny hands.

Remember, he's only 15 months old.

Today I found out that he knows to push stools and chairs into position so he can climb onto tables and kitchen counters.  Here is a picture of him enjoying his prize: the crackers left on the table.  Notice he has the salt and pepper at the ready for seasoning.




Yes, this is for real.  No, I'm not making any of this up.

I think it's entirely possible that my wife will come home to find me locked in some room while Connor watches TV, with a pile of chocolate candies at his side that he raided from the pantry.

4 comments:

  1. wow! well you certainly have your hands full! you can't let him out of your sight for a moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with the other boys, we could step into the other room to put laundry away and come back to find them playing on the floor... not this one!

      Delete
  2. Oy! it looks like he is wearing the correct shirt!

    ReplyDelete