Thursday, March 19, 2015

Operation Lovey

So, Connor nurses a lot at night.  Like, a LOT.  Enough that I need more sleep and not to be woken up so often.

I'm trying to use keywords to help him go to sleep.  Weaning him slowly so he nurses less times a night.  We even had a 15 minute free call with a sleep coach to see what to do.

She suggested that he needed a lovey, a stuffed animal to snuggle, instead of me.  It should be small enough for him to carry, fluffy, washable, and made in bulk.

Jonathan took him to Toys R Us, put a row of stuffed animals that met that criteria in front of him, and let him have at it.

He made a beeline for the husky.




Xander thought it was a wolf, so suggested we call it Cor-wolf, short for Connor's Wolf.

Corwolf it is.

Corwolf goes in the car with Connor.  To bed with him.  If he cries, Corwolf snuggles.

He's not totally attached yet, but we're getting there.

At least I thought we were.

And then I get this email from Jonathan:

"Connor's lovey is... a power strip.  All day long I've been handing him Corwolf and every time I turn around he has a power strip."


Sigh.  We're trying!

3 comments:

  1. what's a power strip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the thing he's holding - it's a plug extension cord, it allows multiple electronic items to be used from one wall outlet.

      Delete