Saturday, June 27, 2015

We're in Florida!

We've been here six days now, and here is my summary:

- The trip was long and arduous, and without my dad there for help (plus a very kind seatmate who took Xander’s “team” while we played magnetic checkers), it would have been… not so good.

- The house is beautiful. But when I first walked in, it was so overwhelming with boxes in every conceivable corner that I lost it and started crying. Thankfully after five hard day’s work (we took Shabbat off), we’re about 90% done unpacking. We just need to finish putting the frames up on the walls, and Jonathan has some work to do in his office.

- The move itself had some issues, and some stuff broke, but all is working out.  Our neighbors have three boys almost our age (6 weeks, 5, and 7 years old), so our kids have made friends.  That's been fantastic.

- The pool is amazing.

-  Florida also, at first glance, looks a lot like Long Beach. It’s full of blue skies, palm trees, wide streets with tons of cars, and every chain restaurant on the planet. The things I was warned about are already true: it was 99 degrees today and ridiculously humid.   Xander's caught a gecko with his bare hands.  And people everywhere from IHOP to Starbucks to Lowe’s to Publix (the grocery store) have called me “baby,” “ma’am,” and "sweetheart."

- My father is an engineer and can fix anything.  He has been invaluable, has put together so much IKEA furniture, and has made every little thing work when Jonathan and I were frustrated.  All hail Abba!

- TBO is lovely.  I've met so many people already and it's wonderful.  Here was a Facebook post of the new front door from a congregant. She titled it simply “New Beginnings.”


And THAT, my friends, ends this chapter of our lives.  From now on, please follow us at our new blog, http://www.lovingsincoralsprings.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering when you would start your next blog. I'm so glad you blog, I really appreciate being able to keep up with your life. I miss you so much! - Nicole Stanforth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Nicole! I really miss you too. I check your blog all time you know - I just never comment, I'm never sure what to say.

      Delete