Saturday, June 13, 2015

On pause

Jonathan's update:

Severe storm warning in Texas. 60 mph winds means too dangerous to drive. Waiting for it to pass. To boot... roaming signal is sucking my battery dry. Going into airplane mode until signal improves.



My update:

"No pictures," says Ari. They're rocking out on the keyboard of one of Mom's friends.





A kitty can't properly cuddle unless his head's on the pillow next to you.



Also of note in the day: Starbucks for me and Jamba Juice for the kids.  Chatting and visiting with Chana and Sheryl.  Feeling all my vertebrae shift back into place after seeing the chiropractor.  A sad unfortunate incident where Ari mistook the bidet lever in the master bath for the toilet handle and screamed loud and long, dripping water from his head to his toes.  A lovely Shabbat dinner at Chana's where the boys giggled uproariously while playing with her granddaughters.  

Unfortunately, while playing chase with the kids and stopping Connor from climbing into a fountain at the Long Beach Towne Center, I dropped my phone into said fountain... and it now seems to have shorted out and died.  Wish me luck at the Sprint store tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Jonathan, i'm happy and relieved to know you're pausing by paying attention to the weather warnings. On a 3,000-mile journey, you're liable to encounter all kinds. I'm praying for smooth sailing for you from here on in. Do you not have a driving partner?

    Sounds like the boys are having a lot of fun. Water doesn't freak Ari out, but the bidet must have shocked him out of his skin. Oh how I miss the bidet!!!!! Sorry about your phone, Michal. That was unfortunate. Wishing you lots of luck at Sprint. That kitty on the pillow is Simcha; no mistaking his sweet face.

    That you folks are keeping up the blog exceeds ALL expectations!!!!!

    Janet, are escaping for a few hours every day by going to work????

    Michal, how does it feel to be back in the big house in which you grew up, only this time with three robust fruits of your loin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so many pics to put on the blog now, and we want to share! Mom is going to work every day, so I'm amusing myself. And as far as being back in the house - it doesn't feel like the same house, honestly, because the furnishings and organization is so different than it was when I lived here. It does feel smaller than it did when I was a kid, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a driving partner! Jason, my best friend from long ago. He has been my loyal companion throughout this journey.

    ReplyDelete