Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day 5 of transition

Jonathan's update:

Day 5. The Godiva chocolate is gone. It was good (oh, so good) while it lasted. Thanks to my wife for giving them to me (with some encouragement).



We had some challenges going through Texas.  Bad roads, construction, tornado warnings, severe weather, and being totally rerouted because the I-45 was closed due to the Dallas police headquarters shooting.  Then there was this stuff:

Also military convoys, prefab houses, and trailer trucks that wander in and out of lanes.






Jason and me after successfully passing above truck. We rock!  Now in Louisiana for the night.



My update: kid playdates with Martina, Marleena's daughter Emma's first birthday party, and confirming the untimely demise of my smartphone.  Everyone call me on my mother's house line if you need me.

4 comments:

  1. What happened to my comment? It went something like this:

    Jonathan, that's a great shot of you and Jason. Glad to hear you're paying close attention to the vagaries of weather. On such a 3000-mile journey as you are making, you're bound to run into all kinds of challenging weather, infrastructure, and startling human behavior behind the wheel. So it behooves you to be super-alert at all times. Be sure to get enough rest.

    Michal, I extend my deepest sympathy on the demise of your smart phone. You really cannot be without it, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I *can* be... I just don't *want* to be! ;)

      Delete
  2. Big to differ with you. Your life being what it is, I don't think you can afford to be without it.

    ReplyDelete