Monday, January 27, 2014

Yesterday's green, green, green, green afternoon

My perspective:

I'm very excited because I finally perfected a green smoothie recipe that the kids will eat: lots of lots of spinach, banana, a few strawberries, pineapple, vanilla yogurt, and apple juice.

I have Ari help put everything in the blender, and he presses the buttons to turn it on and off.  The smoothie whirls and whirls, and is finally finished.  I lift off the top, and then....

CHAOS.

SMOOTHIE EVERYWHERE.

--------------

Jonathan's perspective:

He's in the shower and hears pounding on the bathroom door.

Xander knocks and knocks.  "Daddy, Mommy really needs you."

"What is it?" Jonathan asks.

"Um...  Ari turned on the blender with the top off."

(Ari screams in the background.)


---------------

Did you know that it is actually possible to be covered head to toe in smoothie?  Literally.  From one's hair to one's toes.  On both myself and the two year-old.

There is still enough left over to cover the counter.  And the floor.  And an entire two-foot area around the kitchen.

Ari starts to scream from shock at the same time that I lose it and start to yell and curse.

Then the baby wakes up and starts crying.

----------------

How do single parents do it?  I clean the kitchen and put my and Ari's clothes in the wash while Xander entertains Connor, and Jonathan holds Ari and calms him down.  Apparently he'd been scared of the noise and flying green liquid everywhere, and hadn't made the connection that he'd been the one responsible for it.  Hence the screaming.  I was too pissed to recognize that at the time, hence my yelling.

Thankfully, all is now clean.  Ari forgave me for the yelling.  I forgave him for the causing of the mess, which was accidental.

And the smoothie?  The two ounces I got to drink of it was quite good. :)

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW I shouldn't laugh so.......oh my. I'll have to get back to you. Can't stop laughing. oh my, oh my, oh my.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete