Sunday, January 26, 2014

Best tour ever

Jonathan and I participated yesterday in something called "Journey and Discovery" at the kids' school, where we pretended to be kids and teachers gave us the lessons.  It was amazing to learn in the Montessori method like that; visiting the 4th-6th grade classroom, for the first time I actually understood the way the sun's rays shine on the earth and what the Tropics of Capricorn and Cancer are. I saw a lesson on square roots using beads and suddenly the abstract was made tangible.  Jonathan spent a really long time on something on geography and rocks, and then went to the periodic table and the microscope.

Now that we've gone Montessori, I don't think we can ever go back to having our kids learn though traditional schooling.   I can't recommend it enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya! So happy to hear you experienced it.
    Love you bunches,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete