Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My newest obsession

I've always loved smoothies, and this pregnancy I've been craving Vitamin C, and especially, any citrus smoothie at Jamba Juice.  It's bad.  The people at the local Jamba Juice know me by now, and when I went on bedrest, they got to know Jonathan.  We actually put aside part of our budget so I could get my Jamba fix!

Until... Jonathan went to Costco and bought a Vitamix blender, the type that they have at Jamba.  It is AMAZING.  It blends ice without even changing to a higher setting.  It comes with a recipe book, and I looked up a whole bunch more recipes online, so we stocked up on frozen fruits and veggies.  Turns out that the kids will eat a smoothie with spinach if it's hidden well!  We've discovered that I make a really good strawberry milkshake, Jonathan makes excellent orange or mango sorbet, and any smoothie that comes out that machine is fantastic.

It also has settings for chopping nuts and cheese, making hot soups, and other non-smoothie things.  But at this point... I'm all about the iced fruit and yogurt!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You get great shakes and smoothies and you'll end up saving money in the long run. Those in the know say that the Vitamix is the best blender on the market. Enjoy! I guess I will now reconsider my thought about buying stock in Jamba Juice!
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, don't. I still love it way too much... and it has such good sales! :)

      Delete