Monday, September 29, 2014

Sacramento reptile show 2014

Wow, have we really had Blackie the snake for a full year?  I didn't go to the reptile show over Xander's birthday weekend last year because I was on bedrest... and here it is almost X's bday again, and the baby is walking.

I went this year.

(Did you know that they had a whole booth dedicated to different types of cockroaches, to feed your reptiles?  I am not a reptile lover.)

My oldest child, however, is.  In spades.

Xander excitedly showing Ari a bearded dragon gecko.  Ari tolerates reptiles, but mostly participated because of his brother's enthusiasm.





Laughing uproariously when the snake lifted up its head and stuck out its tongue to smell them.




Proof that I went.  Connor is passed out on me, asleep.  The older boys are looking at the snake's scales through a kaleidoscope.  Right after this we went to the petting zoo and "petted" a giant tortoise, an alligator, and a Nile monitor.  


And now I am home, snuggled with Osher.  Who is a furry, cuddly mammal who purrs.  And life is good.  

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Xander. I too much prefer the cuddly, furry type of pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how Osher changed from being the Outdoor Exploratory Hunter Cat to the cuddly homeboy he is now.

    And Xander comes by his reptilian interests naturally....Blackie appears to be thriving.

    ReplyDelete