Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My most oft-repeated reading

I realized that I have read two books, or parts of two books, countless times, over and over and over, since I became a rabbinical student and a mother (which happened at roughly the same time).  I know them well.

What are they, you ask?

The first is predictable.  My JPS Tanakh, or Bible.  One could argue that it isn't a book but more like a library of books, with debatable provenance, but still.  It's one volume and is dog-eared and well-loved.

The second book?  I've read it just as often.

Two or three times a day sometimes.  Aloud.  To my children.

You ready?

(drum roll please)

Everyone Poops, by Tara Gomi.



<headdesk>

3 comments:

  1. So tell me, what is so compelling about Everyone Poops that draws you to turn to it over and over?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is, what is so compelling to my kids that makes that the potty book of choice? They sit down to go, I read. Over. And over. And over.

      Delete