Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Gotta love facepainting

Xander is our homebody. He firmly believes that at least one day a weekend should be a "stay home day," where one never needs to change out of one's pajamas.

Ari wants to get dressed first thing in the morning and explore the world.

After I returned from Shabbat services last week, I offered to take whatever boy who wanted to come with me to a street fair five minutes away; our dentist's office was sponsoring it, and there were free burgers, Jamba Juice, face painting, games, and a radio station was blasting music from a booth.

Ari jumped at the chance, Xander declined.  Connor had no choice but to come in my wrap.

Face painting commenced.  Ari loves Rescue Bots, especially the helicopter bot, but the artist wasn't familiar with him, so she looked up a picture of him transformed into a person:



And now my kiddo:

Ari as Blades





Passed-out Rescue Ari Bot arriving home.  


The best part of this whole story, though, is after we got home I posted the first picture on Facebook, tagging my high school friend who works in Hollywood and who actually co-created Rescue Bots. (Her involvement is what led me to watch the show in the first place.)  Not only did she respond back, but she tagged the actor who voices the character of Blades, and he's going to record a special message for my kids!  I'm so excited!  How cool is that?!

2 comments:

  1. That is SUPER cool! Your boys couldn't be more different!
    Love,
    Bubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure. I wonder what the third will end up being like when he gets older?

      Delete