Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's 8pm and both our children are asleep!!!

I can't quite believe it.

We all had a stupendous time at Dorothy and John's.  I'd never been to a Thanksgiving dinner like it.  I grew up without any extended family in the area, so to have a whole bunch of relatives congregate on a house bearing food - there was so much dessert we didn't even cut into one of the pies! - is amazing.  We had brought a whole bunch of toys for the kids, but we didn't even need them.  All the relatives played with them! Ari was a little grumpy, admittedly, because of his teething, but despite that, it was a wonderful evening.

Both boys were literally snoring in the backseat halfway home. They then stayed asleep as we transferred them to their beds.

Being Jewish I don't believe in Christmas miracles... but wow, do I like Thanksgiving ones!

2 comments:

  1. Now that is what they call sleeping like a baby! Congrats. It was long in coming.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete