Friday, November 2, 2012

HALLOWEEN

Aryeh the maneless lion, and Jonathan the Scottish pirate





Captain Jack Sparrow was very disappointed that we were taking pictures and not trick-or-treating already.




Home from the big excursion, and sorting/eating candy.  Halloween was one night where CA actually fell far, far short of Ohio.  In our neighborhood in Cinci everyone sits outside their houses with candy, and it's an unofficial block party.  Here in CA (everywhere I've lived, north and south), people stay in their houses, and you ring the doorbell.  It's a solitary thing.  But no matter to our children.  Either place, there's lots of sweets!



Now for a short series of Ari Discovering the Hershey Bar:

 Mom, why have you never given me chocolate before AAAAGHH IT'S AMAZING!




 I am so so SOOO happy with my chocolate.



 Giggle giggle squeal, I will never stop smiling as long as there is chocolate in my life!



Not to be outdone, his brother shows off his Blue Raspberry tongue.


They actually went to bed at 9pm, which isn't too bad considering all the sugar they consumed.  I'm glad that Xander's at the age that he thinks Halloween candy is magical, that it only lasts one night.  He asked no questions about where all the leftovers went... shhh don't tell him they're in the pantry. :)

3 comments:

  1. These pics are fabulous!!!!! Love the chocolate experience not to mention Xander's blue tongue!
    Bubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows? Maybe you can start a new tradition on your block starting next year. Jonathan is social and will know all the neighbors by then!

    And oh my, Xander is an expert pouter!! Every generation has at least one picture like that....saying I'm standing here for the photo but I AM NOT HAPPY!

    Love the pics and miss you all.
    Mom/Bubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Ari just needed a little hair gel for a mane! love that Xander's tongue matches his outfit.

    ReplyDelete