Sunday, May 31, 2015

I love my Loving family - by Jonathan

Today was one of those good days. One that I could never have imagined in my love-starved childhood. From the beginning of the day until the end of the night, it was filled with love from everyone in my family, each in their own way.

Xander's quiet shows of affection, a quick and soft kiss on my cheek as he went to school, and the touch of his hand when I kissed him good night.

Ari's passionate kisses on my cheek and his powerful hugs when he was so happy to see me.

Connor’s playful snuggles all day and the way he rested his head on my shoulder at nap time.

My wife's full-body embrace in bed as we fell asleep.

Even the cat clambered in beside my wife and me and nuzzled his head into my hand when he plopped down next to our heads, rumbling deep purrs all the way.

It was in that moment when I could hear Connor’s soft snores in the background, my cat’s deep purrs in my hand, and my wife's soft breathing as we were wrapped up together, that I realized how incredibly fortunate I am. I literally could not have imagined a moment like this before I met my wife. And when I think about it, all this love around me grew from the love we have for each other. It's as if our love is some great tree that we have nurtured and cared for and I at that moment could smell its many blossoms.

I wish I could give this to everyone in the world. If I could, I know there would be no murder, no killing, no war, no hate. Love would fill everyone and there would no room for anything else. Perhaps that is what it will be like when the world is finally healed.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a prayer....so I will say AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He writes to both of you, "Thanks so much. It was truly from the heart."

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 You are a beautiful person Jonathon and I am glad that you are surrounded now by the love you have ALWAYS deserved. (((hugs)))- Nicole Stanforth, I'm not sure why google isn't letting me sign in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jan: Beautiful! You all deserve the love that's all around you.

    Best wishes for a quick and painless move to Florida!

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole and Robin - hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete