Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ask the Rabbi

Religious school ended a couple weeks ago, but on the penultimate Sunday I had the privilege of going into the PreK/K classroom for their requested “Ask the Rabbi.” The questions the kids asked me ran the gamut from funny to thought-provoking to deeply inspiring.  I remember a few specific ones below:

Why do we pray in Hebrew?

Does God speak different languages?

Why is Israel so important?

Why do we eat challah on Shabbat?

Can you speak to God?

What happens to the notes after they're put in the Western Wall?

What is your favorite holiday?

And then my personal favorite question, the one that every rabbi should be asked at least once in their career:

Do you like penguins and frogs?

4 comments:

  1. What great questions! My question is: Did your answers satisfy them?????

    By the way, are penguins and frogs kosher???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo..... *do* you like penguins and frogs? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at these. Yes, the kids liked the answers. I don't know if they're kosher, I can find out! And I told them very seriously that I did, that my kids and I watched Octonauts and my favorite penguin was named Peso. And that I liked frogs and tadpoles too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rabbi, I liked your answers SO MUCH that I hugged myself!!!!!

      Delete