Sunday, May 26, 2013

My day on "West Wing"

On Thursday I spent a fabulous day at the CA state capitol as a member of a group called Reform CA, lobbying various Senators and Assembly Members on behalf of passing the TRUST Act.

To quote from my senior rabbis' FB page (because she said it better than I could):

"I was so proud to be part of a coalition of Reform movement leaders from across our state to speak in a united voice in defense of the Trust Act.  Reform CA includes over 120 Reform Rabbis representing congregations and institutions. In honor of our ancestors who were sometimes forced to immigrate, and sometimes chose to immigrate, always looking for a better life for their children, and their children's children, we stand with our immigrant brothers and sisters and support fair and comprehensive immigration reform."


Reform CA on the Senate floor.  I'm in the first standing row, middle left.





 After our talk with Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg.


It was a great day, full of meeting new people, learning how to be a lobbyist, and feeling like I was a part of a greater whole.  I left feeling so patriotic about our governmental system - we can all make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment