Monday, September 2, 2013

Zichrono livracha, may his memory be a blessing

I'm a little bit in shock... a friend and former congregant, Scott Hinkley, passed away on Saturday from cancer.  He was only diagnosed last month.  This was the guy who Jonathan would hang out with whenever we went to my student pulpit in Richmond, IL - they would talk World of Warcraft, role-playing, and other aspects of geekdom.  I created a home-based Judaica curriculum for his now nine year-old daughter, Lilly.  I can't even imagine what his family is going through.

Scott's eulogy is here - he will be much missed.

2 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry for your loss, Jonathan. It's hard to lose anyone but when it's a friend who shares so many interests and who is so like-minded, it's especially hard. And someone so young too. I'm so sorry.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete