Monday, September 9, 2013

Ari the retail overachiever

So a while ago I believe I blogged about how Xander knows how to turn on Netflix, right?  This means he can boot up the Playstation, TV screen, and speaker system, which are three separate buttons on the remote.  It also means he can navigate the menus on the screen to get to Netflix, choose the Kid network, scroll and select a show, and then press Play.

That's a lot of buttons.

Well, the other day Ari woke up at 6am for whatever reason, and decided to copy Xander's pressing of buttons.  We only realized it when we came in an hour later and saw Ari very contentedly playing in the living room, with the TV on and an odd-looking message showing on the screen saying, "Thank you for your purchase!"  Ari then turned to Jonathan and said with a big smile, "I did it MYSELF!!"

Later that day Jonathan checked his email.


Dear J,

Thank you for your PlayStation®Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference. 

Yep.  Ari managed to get into the PS3 online store.  Jonathan forwarded the receipt, and then wrote me the following note:

Ok, Ari bought "Hitman," a first-person shooter/assassination video game that came with all the extra downloadable content.  I felt that this was a bit too violent for him at his current age so I called PS3 and asked that it be removed from our inventory and the amount refunded.  The refund has to be approved by billing, and assuming Ari doesn't download and play the game, the refund should go through.  

The refund should be for $19.99.  Please set a reminder and look for the refund to come through in 5 days. 

I'm hoping that Ari just liked the pretty red display art of the video game in the online store - otherwise that super cute personality of his is a clever ploy of a sinister assassin.  Maybe we should start locking our door at night!

I got the email at work and laughed so hard that someone in the office came in to see what was going on.  Our two-year old made his very first online purchase... and I have to admit, I'm kinda proud!

2 comments:

  1. This just cracked me up!!!!! This takes childproofing one's house to a whole new level!
    Chuckling as I type....
    Bubby

    ReplyDelete