Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Science ahoy!

Yesterday we went with some new friends to the The Discovery Museum Space and Science Center.  It was pretty small, but still fun and worth the price of admission.  The big exhibit was on dinosaurs, and what do you know, they had a Dinosaur Train section!


 Me dressing up as... Tiny, Shiny or Don.  One of our friends' kids was Buddy the T-Rex, the small orange dinosaur in front of me.



 Jonathan posing with Buddy and the Conductor.



  The image of the train was on the wall behind us, but real train seats came out from the wall to make an actual train section... Ari didn't get it.



 The ever-popular penny centrifuge.




 Jonathan and Xander in the bug section, looking at X-rays of creepy crawly things.  Jonathan actually knows the various body parts of snakes.  I said, "huh," and quickly left to go look at the fuzzy bunny.



 Being a butterfly while staring at the frog.




Playing with a beaded necklace while waiting patiently for his brother to be done with bugs.



On Sunday we held a small gathering of temple staff for a housewarming party.  It was quite nice.  I think the best part by far, though, was the watermelon that someone brought.  She and her 4 year-old spent a lot of time on it, cutting up the melon rind itself and then making fish, star, and heart cutouts of the sliced fruit.  Behold, the watermelon shark!


I will eat you! 



Can sharks say "rowr!"?  This one definitely did.  She even gave it blueberry eyes.  Amazing.




And just cuz I thought this was cute:



That's all folks!  

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!!! But I don't get the CTRL things. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait! See! I don't know shortcuts. Is CTRL V paste? CTRL X Cut? And CTRL Z delete?

    ReplyDelete