Friday, April 26, 2013

Bad things happen when you raise independent children.

Xander wants a sand boa for his 5th birthday.

It's not a fluke; it's come up a couple times now.

Yes, Savta, a sand boa is a snake.

Xander wants a snake, in a terrarium, for his birthday.

Jonathan is beside himself with glee.

I told Xander it was a good thing he told me now, in April, because it will take me until October to get used to the idea.

If we DO get a snake (no promises), I told him, Mommy will never, ever, have anything to do with it.  Xander and Daddy will take care of it.  I will never feed it, nor change its cage.  Nor smile at it, nor take it out on my arm and pet it.

(((Watch me three years from now posting pictures of a snake on my head)))

INDEPENDENT CHILDREN ARE BAAAAAAD.  Why oh why do we teach them to think for themselves?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I just googled sand boa and all I can do is grimace. I am soooo not a snake person, even non-poisonous snakes.
    Bubby

    ReplyDelete