Friday, April 5, 2013

Ari turned 2! And we celebrated like mad.

Party prep: decorating the play structure while Jonathan cleans in the background.





Showing off his final creation.





Rousing game of duck-duck goose.





I think the adults ran more than the kids!




Enjoying the kiddos.





Smiles.




Joys of the ball tunnel.





Cars cake for our Cars-obsessed boy!





I made this picture my new Facebook profile.  The best response was from my friend Krista from Home Birth Circle: "On behalf of all your Cincinnati friends shivering under our March snowstorm, I glare at you in your sunny backyard party. ;) "




Driving the day away.





Giving away balloons at the very end.




Auntie Lois brought her new puppy Abby, the sweetest little dog ever.  Here she and Simcha explore each other and say hi.  




After everybody left and the kids woke up from nap, Jonathan and I gave Ari his present.  Here I am standing outside, waiting to open the door for the big reveal.  Xander is inside, with his image reflected on the glass door.  He's so excited to go out he's jumping up and down.  What is this wondrous gift?  You shall have to WAIT until tomorrow's blog post!

5 comments:

  1. This post brought back the memories of such a fabulous visit! Thank you!!!!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watta Party!!!! The joyous excitement spills over from every picture. Hail to the star: Two-year-old ARI!!!

    Your tricky high-suspense-cliff-hanger finish slammed me back 83 years when I couldn't wait for next week's Buck Rogers' or Flash Gordon's episode at the movies!

    What is Ari's gift that Xander is oh so thrilled about???!!!! What can it be???? How shall I contain myself until the next post???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I LOVE your new profile-picture!!! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Savta, you crack me up! Who knew I was so suspenseful?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, you've been "suspenseful" since birth! You never ever would open your birthday presents until the day of your birthday, even if the gifts arrived a month earlier!!! All the rest of us would be chomping at the bit to know What's-in-the-package!....but you just kept us all in suspense until the appointed day!!!!!!!!

    Mistress of Suspense.....that's who you are!!!!!

    ReplyDelete