Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jonathan's birthday

My lovely husband turned 43 on Tuesday!  I switched my day off so I could be home, and it was a great day, full of good food and friends.

Jonathan mapped out the itinerary, I was amused:

Me take the kids to school while he sleeps in
Go see the movie Wolverine
Have lunch at an Indian buffet
Come home and nap
Pick up kids
Go to dinner at fun pizza place
Come home, have cake and open presents
Put kids to bed
Have game night with friends

It went pretty much as planned.  Except that we had gotten tickets to Wolverine in 3-D, and would you believe, apparently 3-D makes me really nauseous, so I had to leave the movie in the very beginning and get my money back.  Robin and Jonathan stayed to watch the whole thing, and J's promised to watch it again with me in 2-D.

We went to Pizza Rock for dinner, a trendy restaurant in downtown that has (wait for it) the cab of a truck permanently attached to one wall.  The horn still works, and the ambiance was spectacular.  The kids were in love.  I was in love (forget the truck, I'm 6 months pregnant) with my meal, a Greek pizza with mozzarella, feta, kalamata olives, artichokes, chicken, and basil.  The place's claim to fame is the different ovens, a gas oven, a brick oven, etc, so that you can get all different types of pizza.  Jonathan got a "New Yorker" from the wood-fired oven, and was in heaven.


Reading a book to the boys waiting for the food to come.





Reading #2.


Then cake and ice cream happened at home:

Chocolate decadence, basically





Xander and Ari "helping" to blow out the candles


J and his sons opened presents, the kids went to sleep an hour later than usual but very happy, and then the adults discussed playing the game Munchkin... and vetoed it because everybody was tired.  So Jonathan took a raincheck and we all went to our respective beds to fall asleep.

As Xander would say, it was a fantastically fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan's birthday sounds like it was a fantastic day....from beginning to end!!!! And spending it with friends and family....what could be better??!! Happy birthday, Jonathan!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete